Composite BondingClick here for the most competitive prices in London
|Composite Bonding Veneers
|from £380 per tooth
For any light damage to your front teeth or contouring your bite surfaces on the back teeth, we can use composite bonding to rebuild teeth. Composite is a special dental resin made from a combination of plastic and glass. It can perfectly mimic tooth enamel and we can colour-match it to your tooth colour so it looks just like your tooth.
Composite can be built directly on your tooth so there is no need to strip away a layer of enamel. Bonding requires a degree of skill to accurately build up the shape of a tooth from scratch and we have restorative dentistry experts who make it appear as if there was no damage in the first place.
Why have composite bonding?
- Unlike other types of restorative and cosmetic treatments, there is no need to remove any of the tooth to make space for the restoration.
- The treatment is quick. There is no need to take impressions or have restorations built in the lab. Everything happens in our practice.
- As we can match the composite to your tooth colour, it’s a very aesthetic treatment.
What is involved in the treatment?
- We first dry the tooth and prepare the surface with a special acidic gel. This creates a rough surface for the composite to properly bond to.
- We apply the composite in layers, gradually building up the shape.
- Using a blue light, we harden the resin in its desired shape.
- We then polish the composite so it looks just like a natural tooth.
Looking after your restored tooth
The Composite is invulnerable to bacteria and decay, but the natural tooth underneath isn’t. Great oral hygiene at home will keep your tooth lasting for as long as possible.
You may require maintenance on these restorations, particularly if you like to drink tea or coffee or enjoy other food and drinks that stain your teeth. This can easily be monitored at your regular check-ups.